White House Initiative Latino Economic Summit
NSA was brought on by the Biden-Harris Administration to serve as a community outreach partner and event manager for the White House Initiative Latino Economic Summit, which is taking place in multiple cities across the United States.
In 2022 the Biden-Harris Administration approached North Star Alliances to serve as strategic partner in their ongoing effort to host a White House Initiative Latino Economic Summit in cities across the United States. This initiative is led by White House Initiative on Advancing Educational Equity, Excellence and Economic Opportunity for Hispanics and the Aspen Institute. It is also supported by the U.S. Department of Education, Department of Commerce, Department of Housing and Urban Development, Department of Labor, and the Small Business Administration.
The goal of the event series is to advance equity and economic empowerment in a number of Latino communities across the country, as well as to connect local Latino community members directly with federal leaders and resources. To support the White House with this important, informative work, NSA immediately jumped into action, developing and executing a strategic plan that outlined how to effectively engage Latino communities in the cities where the Summit was taking place, and how to manage a series of successful, community-focused events. Tactics included:
- Providing counsel to the Biden-Harris Administration on the community outreach and engagement strategies for the event series
- Bolstering partnerships with Latino business stakeholders in cities where the Summit was taking place in an effort to effectively promote the event across key communities
- Developing strategic communications and tailored messaging materials that could be utilized for outreach to target business leaders and communities
- Serving as the event production manager, which involved:
- Developing event invitations and managing registration
- Managing the keynote speaker sessions and multiple break-out workshop sessions
- Organizing event logistics such as food and beverage catering, signage, A/V and live streaming
- Managing a dinner the night before for Elected and Appointed Officials
With NSA’s support, the White House Initiative Latino Economic Summits have been a tremendous success. Each event has brought in over 300 attendees, all of whom were informed of and connected to important federal resources. First Lady Jill Biden, Governor of Illinois J. B. Pritzker, and U.S. Congressman Jesús “Chuy” García all spoke at recent events, promoting their commitment to advancing equity and economic empowerment in Latino communities across the nation. Three Latino Economic Summits have been successfully executed in San Antonio, Denver, and Chicago. Five more events will be held in cities that include El Paso and San Bernardino.
Get in touch with us
Get in touch with us to learn more about our firm, the work we do, and how we can support you.